Mar 27, 2009

One step forward, two steps back...

I purposely created a title that would mislead you. No, Esther is not reverting in anyway; just the opposite, in fact. I was merely describing what she's doing with her crawling right now. She's getting bigger and stronger by the day (and getting closer to having teeth, I'm sure. I give nursing a big "OUCH").

Here is what she's been doing recently:

  • Getting more inquisitive about the world around her. She's always been very aware of it, but, being more active, she can actually interact with it. Tim made a mobile out of paper cranes and she tries so hard to reach it, even if it is on ceiling :)

  • Holding herself for longer on her hands and knees. She'll actually stay in that position and will even try to get to the sitting position from it.

  • Moving forward - yes, our daughter is making the move toward actual crawling. Scary! Technically she's pushing onto hands and knees and propelling herself forward with her arms. It's only a matter of time before she gets the concept of real crawling. She doesn't get far and, generally, still crawls backwards. She gets so frustrated that she's actually working double-time to get moving.

Because she is getting around so well, we have to really watch her on the floor. She literally find EVERYTHING tiny and potentially dangerous. Mommy is going to become the vacuum queen. I already have the maternal eagle eye. Something just goes off in my head these days - maybe it's my spidey senses telling me that a small object is nearby (or on its way to her mouth). Who knows! I'm just glad I generally catch these things!

Aside from eating small things, her new favorite game is removing the movies from the entertainment center and eating them.

Our little bug is so cute and mischievous...

No comments:

Post a Comment