Aug 10, 2009

Exciting for Esther, a sad moment for mommy...

Children grow up way too fast.

As of today, we are exactly two months and six days from her first birthday. I will start planning her party soon and already have the theme: Little Bug's Garden Party. My plan is to make a mini-cake for her in the shape of a lady bug and maybe something like that for the guests, although I am not sure I want to make a billion little cakes :) But it will be fun. And I'm starting to scout out gift ideas at the toy store here in town. I'm shooting for cute, educational, and fun.

Anyway, it's happening way too soon. This time last year, I was 7 months pregnant and counting down the weeks to seeing her for the first time. I had no idea how precious she would be (but I had a hint). And now here she is, getting bigger by the day, and making my world brighter with every smile. We've had challenges along the way, but overall I love being a mommy and I love my little girl. And I'm also very excited for this next one. I'll get all the newborn cuteness again!

That being said, Esther is developing, as usual, like the overachiever she is. She's chatting up a storm, even saying new words like "kitty" or "dog" from time-to-time. And, drum roll, she's starting to walk!

No joke - she started taking 2-4 steps at a time about one-two weeks ago. She'd get a little ways and then either sit or tumble over. She's been cruising for about a month and half now and a couple weeks ago started getting brave enough to take a step or two between pieces of furniture. It escalated from there.

As of last night, she was walking 6 to 10 steps at a time in open space. Her balance has suddenly improved and she is very determined to continue trying this new skill. Once she gets an idea in her head, there's no stopping her. Experienced parents are telling us that she'll likely be a pro within the week! EEK!

So we're now doubling our child-proofing efforts :) I'm excited that she's learning to walk, but again, I'm sad because it's proof that she's not my little newborn anymore!

I'll just have to cope because there's no stopping time! And I'll enjoy our second baby until he/she grows up...in which case, maybe I'll need to have #3? Kidding. We're going to wait a couple years for that!

Anyway, I will sign off for now!

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment